Young Adult's Librarian I, Boston Public Library, Dudley Branch, Boston MA
posted January 31, 2014 4:50 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for a Young Adult's Librarian I position in the Dudley Branch. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population (characteristic to an urban setting) with emphasis on service to young adults and to perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and services with a concentration on young adults.
Salary: $42,000 - $56,638, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- Master's degree in library science from an accredited library school
- Courses in young adult literature and/or programming taken for credit at an accredited library school
- Other experience working with youth is desirable
- Knowledge of young adult literature including bibliographic tools and sources pertaining to young adult literature and work
- Knowledge of the techniques of programming for teens
- Interest in youth and in library work with young adults
- Willingness and ability to develop strong interactive community relationships
- Willingness to assume responsibility and carry out assignments independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to search the Internet and other electronic databases
- Ability to work well with staff and public
- Initiative, dependability, good judgment, tact, courtesy
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/
Deadline for application: February 15, 2014