Archivist IV (Historic Properties Information Coordinator), South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia SC
posted February 24, 2014 6:15 PM
Salary: $33,000 - $36,500
Deadline: open until filled
Under general supervision, develops and administers policies, procedures and practices for collecting, managing and providing access to the State Historic Preservation Office's data on historic properties in the Statewide Survey of Historic Properties and other programs.
- Plans, implements and maintains survey database.
- Creates, organizes and maintains digital collections of historic property information, including digital images and databases.
- Develops ways to enhance access to information about historic properties and preservation programs through the Internet.
Minimum and Additional Requirements: A Bachelor's degree and 1-year professional experience in electronic records and digitization projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of database management, hardware and software used for digital asset management, digital imaging systems and desktop applications, including GIS;
- Knowledge of general archival and records management concepts, and general knowledge of electronic records issues;
- Knowledge of metadata and related standards for information processes and their application to archival or record materials; and of data storage methods, media, and security;
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of the field of historic preservation, particularly the identification and documentation of historic properties;
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with the public, staff, and other professionals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master's degree in library information science, history, architectural history, or historic preservation or related field with coursework in archives administration, electronic records, and information management; AND 1-year professional experience collecting, managing, and providing electronic access to historic property information. Such experience could include digitizing collections, managing historic property inventories in electronic format, or conducting historic property surveys using digital technologies.
How to Apply
Please complete the online state application to include all current and previous work history and education. Please attach a cover letter and resume. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the online application. Please visit www.jobs.sc.gov