Assessment Librarian, University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, Stevens Point WI
posted February 10, 2014 4:10 PM
Position: Assessment Librarian
Official Title: Assistant Professor
Position Description: As a tenure-track faculty member, the Assessment Librarian will plan, design, develop, facilitate, and implement collaborative library assessment initiatives; take an active role in collection development; function as liaison to academic departments; participate in the Library's instruction program; provide reference service; and engage in scholarship and service. This position will work collaboratively with the library faculty and staff to meet the mission and goals of the University Library.
Assessment & Technology
- Provide leadership and support for evidence-based decision making related to services, collections, technology, and physical spaces.
- Provide guidance to library staff conducting unit assessments and recommend qualitative and quantitative protocols.
- Gather and analyze data in support of strategic planning and other overall library assessment initiatives.
- Administer usability testing, surveys, focus groups and other user-centered assessments.
- Respond to statistical requests, provide, and analyze data from library systems, the library's website and other online data sources.
- Promote the integration of assessment into all phases of planning, services, and collection management.
- Participate in a team-based implementation of a new Library Services Platform, with a focus on optimization, staff training, and support for analytical and report modules.
- Participate in UW System initiatives and professional committees related to assessment.
Reference & Instruction
- Contribute to the Library's bibliographic instruction program, which may include teaching and developing materials for discipline-specific library sessions, library for-credit courses, and workshops.
- Provide reference services to meet the information needs of students and faculty, including evening and weekend rotations.
- Work collaboratively with Reference and Instruction Coordinators to assess services and measure instructional learning outcomes.
- Actively participate in collection development and perform campus departmental liaison duties.
- Work collaboratively to provide support for collection assessment activities.
Scholarship and Service
- Participate in scholarship, faculty governance, and service as a tenure-track library faculty member.
- Master's degree earned from an ALA-accredited Library/Information Science program
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in assessment and data analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of MARC, Dublin Core and XML data elements
- Expertise in the use of statistical tools such as SPSS, MS Access, MS Excel
- Current knowledge of assessment issues/trends for academic libraries
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities
- Strong service orientation
- Effective instructional skills
- Flexibility in adapting to change
- Ability and desire to work as part of collegial team and with diverse populations
- Second master's (minimum) required for tenure. Preferred at hiring, but may be earned during first years of employment
- Experience providing reference service and/or library instruction
- Experience in an academic library
- Familiarity with library assessment tools, such as Sushi, Counter, Libqual
- Experience with creating, interpreting, and analyzing data and reports for use in decision-making
Appointment Date: Annual year appointment beginning July 1, 2014.
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, 12-month tenure-track position with faculty rank and status (rank and salary dependent on experience and qualifications).
A full position description and requirements as well as information on how to apply are available at: http://www.uwsp.edu/equity/