Food and Agriculture Librarian, Albert R. Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
posted February 12, 2014 5:36 PM
Food and Agriculture Librarian-22848
Albert R. Mann Library, part of the Cornell University Library, is looking for a creative energetic professional who is service oriented, technically skilled, and thrives in an innovative work environment. Candidates should have a strong background and/or interest in food and agriculture in order to develop and implement highly effective services in support of Cornell's food and agricultural sciences students, faculty and staff. Working on a team with more than a dozen colleagues who make up the Mann Library Research and Learning Services and Collection Development librarians, the Food & Agriculture Librarian will also have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the overall public services program at Mann Library.
Under the direction of the Head of Research & Learning Services, Food & Agriculture Librarian:
- Develops and leads innovative information services for the food and agriculture research, learning and extension communities.
- Acquires and maintains expertise in information trends in food and agriculture disciplines.
- Administers and provides leadership for Mann Library's USDA Economics Statistics and Market Information System.
- Provides quality reference, consulting, and liaison services, and teaches classes and workshops as assigned, and serves as the lead on information literacy programs for undergraduates in food and agriculture, particularly the agricultural sciences major.
- Serves as liaison to selected activities and departments within College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Leads and/or participates in other innovative projects in information services and delivery.
- MLS from ALA-accredited school or equivalent professional degree.
- Subject area background (coursework, degree or work experience) in an agricultural science, food science, biology, or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, service orientation.
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with computer and telecommunications technologies for information management and collaboration.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Work experience in an academic library.
- Experience teaching information management and computer technologies.
- Project management experience or experience leading a project team.
Albert R. Mann Library has a long commitment to providing innovative information services. The Library's collection of life sciences, agricultural and related social sciences materials serves the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the College of Human Ecology, and the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell. Mann Library is an integral part of the Cornell University Library. The recently renovated building is the vibrant hub for our primary Colleges. We provide leadership in the library community through projects such as VIVO (http://vivo.cornell.edu), the USDA Economics, Statistics, and Market Information System (http://usda.mannlib.cornell.
Interested candidates should apply online:https://www.hr.cornell.edu/