Generalist Librarian I, Mattapan Branch, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted February 28, 2014 4:43 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for a Generalist Librarian I position in the Mattapan Branch. The successful candidate will participate in services to a diverse population characteristic to an urban setting and to perform professional work requiring application of professional knowledge of literature, bibliographic sources and services.
Salary: $42,000 - $56,638, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
- A master's degree in library science from an accredited library school
- Knowledge of popular literature including bibliographic tools and sources
- Knowledge of the techniques of programming for the general public
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire
- CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/
Deadline for application: March 15, 2014