Internship Opportunity, Network Consolidation Study Committee, Watertown MA
posted February 7, 2014 4:21 PM
Internship Opportunity for a GSLIS Student
We are looking for an intern to work with the Network Consolidation Study Committee to explore models of network resource sharing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Committee represents libraries from all parts of the state, including those affiliated with one of the Massachusetts non multi-type networks. The internship includes the following:
1. Creating a network member survey using Survey Monkey or a similar online survey that can be administered in order to get feedback from members of all nine networks (CLAMS, FLO, C/W MARS, MLN, SAILS, OCLN, MVLC, NOBLE, MBLN).
2. Tabulating and analyzing the results of the survey.
3. Studying the revenues and expenses at each of the nine networks, both individually and as an aggregate, using the most recent info. available.
4. Perform a cost-benefit analysis using the financial info. gathered, along with other output measures (TBD), such as total circulation, total number of network transfers, total holdings, database usage, eBook holdings and usage, for each network and all nine networks as a whole.
5. Other info. gathering, as needed.
Following the information gathering phase, the results will be presented at one or more public forums, such as an MLA conference, a NELA conference, or similar conferences sponsored by the MBLC, the Massachusetts Library System (MLS), MLA or WMLA.
The internship will be located at the Watertown Public Library
Interested students can contact Christopher Lindquist, firstname.lastname@example.org / 781-235-1610 x1129.
The deadline for applications is Monday, February 17, 2014.