Law Librarian, General Practice Firm, Boston MA
posted February 1, 2014 4:59 PM
AccuFile, an established library professional services firms, seeks dynamic Law Librarian for a part-time opportunity at an innovative general practice firm in Boston, MA. The successful candidate will have previous law library experience, a keen understanding of the changing legal market and new client demand, strategic problem solving ability, a positive, client-focused service orientation and the proven ability to effectively and efficiently create, access and manage knowledge networks and information including databases, integrated library systems, web and mobile applications.
- Analyze needs, measure and evaluate the quality of library services
- Develop law library services, programs and departmental goals
- Help manage all financial resources, including planning and implementing library budgets, materials acquisition and expense tracking
- Provide customized reference services on legal and non-legal topics
- Conduct in-depth research in wide range of areas including practice-specific, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, medical and news/media
- Determine technology training needs of users through observation, discussion and needs assessment tools; provide training modules to meet those needs
- Supervise and evaluate the work of Loose-leaf Filers, Clerks and Librarian Assistants
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
- Minimum three years of experience managing the operations of the law library, including monitoring budgets, allocating, organizing and disseminating legal resources
- Experience conducting periodic reviews of new and existing electronic resources with a focus on improved service and research efficiencies
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced legal environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Please forward resume and cover letter to Kathleen Schmidt, kschmidt (at) accufile(dot)com.