Librarian I, Sidney Memorial Public Library, Sidney NY
posted February 24, 2014 5:19 PM
The Sidney Memorial Public Library is seeking an energetic, motivated, and creative librarian for the position of Librarian I. Primary responsibilities include the management of the library's Public Computing Center which includes promoting the PCC, identifying vulnerable populations and implementing audience-specific training programs.
Qualifications: ALA-accredited MLS; strong service orientation; advanced computer skills; excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Salary range commencing at $40,000 and is commensurate with education and experience.
Application materials (cover letter, resume, and three professional references) must be electronically submitted in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Special preference will be given to those applications received by Friday, March 7, 2014.
Located in Delaware County, New York, the Sidney Memorial Public Library is a school district public library with stable, voter-directed funding and an elected board of trustees.
The position of Librarian I will assist in the provision of information services including providing computer classes to the community.
The Librarian must demonstrate a positive, proactive public service attitude, strong interpersonal abilities and customer service orientation. Considerable experience with computer technology, excellent oral communication and presentation skills are required.
1. Responsible for oversight of public computing center.
-Plans, implements and evaluates programs, specifically technology related.
-Designs and implements publicity for technology programs.
2. Provides policy and procedure recommendations to the Library Director.
3. Provides reference and adult services to the community utilizing a variety of information resources and techniques for conveying information on a timely basis.
4. Prepares studies and reports as required.
5. Participates in collection development activities, including the selection, maintenance, and weeding of book collections.
6. Attends conferences and meetings; reads professional literature; is aware of new library resources, trends, practices, and technological advances.
7. Performs circulation desk and other duties as assigned.