Librarian, Snohomish Library, Snohomish WA
posted February 21, 2014 4:19 PM
The successful candidate will provide excellent information and readers' advisory services to all ages. This librarian position will continue and build upon existing strong partnerships with schools and other youth-serving agencies.
The incumbent will demonstrate competent knowledge of current technologies; judgment when using reference databases and print resources; flexibility in trying new approaches to customer service; creativity and enthusiasm when promoting library programs and initiatives; and outstanding communication skills in public and work team settings.
This position may include morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend hours including Sundays. Successful candidate may be required to adapt to future schedule and location changes depending on library needs.
- Plan, develop, and create programs for youth and adult audiences, including reading programs, literacy improvement projects, recreational reading, and learning programs for various age groups
- Provide exceptional general readers' advisory and reference services in a collaborative environment
- Apply computer and technology skills to provide effective customer service, communications and presentations for all ages
- Explain and demonstrate procedures and methods for bibliographic and reference searches
- Explain and assist with usage of library facilities, equipment, rules, and services which may include written and verbal instruction and/or training of customers and staff
- Maintain regular communication with other agencies, institutions and organizations serving the community
- Assist in management of materials collection through assessment and interpretation of customer interests and analysis of library usage reports
- Maintain and develop reference materials and sources