Multimedia Content Manager/Archivist, Cambridge MA
posted February 24, 2014 5:07 PM
Position: Multimedia Content Manager/Archivist
Filmmaker, photographer and author on faculty at Harvard University seeks highly motivated individual with strong technical skills in media archiving and organization and photography post-production. Organizational and technical skills are essential. Position requires someone with strong communication skills and the ability to work independently to support photography and film assets, research, marketing, exhibitions, publications, productions, lectures and daily operations. The ideal candidate should be flexible, resourceful, responsible, and able to work independently.
• Assist in the design, operation and organization of digital multimedia infrastructure that will facilitate maintenance and management of multimedia archives combining film and video clips, photographs, music, audio files and transcripts, notes, footnotes, bibliographies, etc.
• Manage images on Aperture or Lightroom, including processing, scanning, resizing images, compositing, labeling, archiving, etc.
• Update website regularly using content management system (Drupal).
• Assist in conducting research for film and book projects
• social media management (facebook, twitter, tumblr)
Demonstrable technical proficiency required in the following areas:
• Extensive experience with Macs, iphones, ipads
• Aperture, iPhoto & Lightroom
• Office for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage, Outlook)
• Adobe InDesign, Refworks, Evernote, Keynote, Dropbox
• Managing/Archiving/Resizing RAW image files
This part-time position will provide the ideal candidate with significant exposure to the international film community, museums, galleries, and academia. The experience will help develop professional skills in the multimedia and creative content arenas. Potential for some flexibility in work schedule. Additional benefits commensurate with experience. 15-20 hours per week.
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org