Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian, Albert R. Mann Library, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
posted February 12, 2014 5:31 PM
Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian-22849
Albert R. Mann Library, part of the Cornell University Library, is looking for a creative energetic professional who is service oriented, technically skilled, and thrives in an innovative work environment. Candidates should have a strong background and interest in environmental science in order to develop and implement highly effective services in support of Cornell's environmental sciences students, faculty and staff. The librarian will be a member of the campus-wide Research Data Management Service Group, and will work collaboratively to provide data management and data management planning services to the Cornell community. Working on a team with more than a dozen colleagues who make up the Mann Library Research and Learning Services and Collection Development librarians, the Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian will also have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the overall public services program at Mann Library.
Under the direction of the Head of Research & Learning Services, the Research Data and Environmental Sciences Librarian:
- Develops and leads innovative information services for the environmental sciences research, learning and extension communities.
- Acquires and maintains expertise in information trends in environmental sciences disciplines.
- Participates in Library and campus research support service initiatives including those related to research profiles, and research data management, curation and preservation.
- Develops and supports services for documenting and distributing research data.
- Develops and maintains expertise in data issues for libraries.
- Provides quality reference, consulting, and liaison services, and teaches classes and workshops as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to selected environmental sciences activities and departments within College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Leads and/or participates in other innovative projects in information delivery.
- MLS from ALA accredited school or equivalent professional degree.
- Subject area background (degree or work experience) in environmental science, natural resources, ecology, or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, service orientation.
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with computer and telecommunications technologies for information management and collaboration.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Work experience in an academic library.
- Experience teaching information management and computer technologies.
- Experience working with tools and technologies related to data management, such as relational databases, GIS software, scripting languages, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online:https://www.hr.cornell.edu/