Chief of Public Services, Boston Public Library, Boston MA
posted April 29, 2014 4:54 PM
The Boston Public Library is accepting applications for Chief of Public Services opening. The successful candidate will
provide leadership to and administer Central Library public service as provided by the Library's Strategic Plan. The Chief
of Public Services inspires staff and promotes change and advancement over public service; works with Director of
Branches to develop and deliver public service initiatives system-wide; is responsible for Central Library environment
and layout to optimize public service; and is a Member of the Administrative Council.
Salary: $88,192 - $119,062, DOQ. Competitive benefits.
1. Master's degree in library and information science from an ALA accredited library school, or similar relevant degree.
2. A minimum of seven (7) years supervisory and/or management experience in public service; Experience in library
3. Proven ability to provide leadership to staff in analyzing workflow and to implementing changes to improve service
4. Demonstrated success as a program manager in the implementation of a complex program. Project Management
5. Proven ability to provide leadership in a team environment, and to work with staff to effectively plan and manage
the work of the department.
1. Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
2. Residency - Must be a resident of the City of Boston upon the first day of hire.
3. CORI - Must successfully clear a Criminal Offenders Record Information check with the City of Boston.
Complete job description and application available at: www.cityofboston.gov/OHR/careercenter.asp
Deadline for application: May 9, 2014
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Laws, Equal opportunity will be afforded to all applicants
regardless of race, color, sex, age, religious creed, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status,
ex-offender status, prior psychiatric treatment or military status.