K-5 Library Media Specialist, Regional School Unit #3, Unity ME
posted April 23, 2014 3:55 PM
RSU 3 is seeking a Library Media Specialist for six elementary school libraries in RSU 3.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- State of Maine certification for Library Media Specialist with 071 endorsement is a must, MLS from an ALA accredited graduate program required, experience at the pre K-5 grade level.
- Applicant must also hold or be eligible for Maine State authorization/fingerprinting.
- Highly skilled in technology and its application to the learning process.
- Proficient in the integration of information literacy skills in a proficiency-based curriculum.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeps records of student use, circulation, purchases and losses; provides regular reports on the libraries as required by the administration and as needed for planning purposes.
- Plans, administers, supervises and evaluates the library centers of 5 elementary schools, developing policies to ensure efficient operation and optimal service.
- Takes a leading role in the preparation and administration of elementary school library budgets in conjunction with the District's coordinator of libraries and building principals.
- Maintains an efficient system of classifying, cataloging, and circulating all materials.
- Works with administration and curriculum leaders to ensure information literacy outcomes are a focus of instruction in our proficiency-based education curriculum.
- Provides leadership in the integration of technology into all areas of the curriculum and the instructional practices of each facility.
This position will be filled upon hiring a qualified applicant.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three current letters of reference.
Visit our website at: www.rsu3.org for an application.
Superintendent of Schools
84 School Street
Unity, ME 04988-9734