Library Media Specialist, Chelsea Public School, Chelsea VT
posted April 16, 2014 5:50 PM
Chelsea Public School is a K-12 school of 190 students located in Chelsea, Vermont. We are committed to building a community of learners whose motto is "Learning, Community, Respect." We are seeking a full-time K-12 Library Media Specialist to join our faculty for the 2014-2015 school year. The candidate shall possess the following:
• A current Vermont Teacher license as a Library Media Specialist
• A minimum of 18 credits in library and information science
• Familiarity with current national professional standards accepted by the American Association of School Librarians
• Proficiency in technology and automated library systems (Follett Destiny)
• Collaboratively work with and support both students and teachers to facilitate access to information in a wide variety of formats.
• Develops and maintains policies and procedures related to the operation of the library media center (budget, acquisitions, automated circulation, technology).
• Partners with classroom teachers to design and implement curriculum in such areas as educational technology, research methods, literacy instruction and collaborative teaching.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Encourages the use of instructional technology to increase proficiency and improve learning, providing 24/7 access to digital information resources for the entire learning community.
• Developmental knowledge and passion for teaching in a K-12 environment.
Qualified candidates please apply on-line at School Spring.com.
Please visit our website at www.chelsea.owsu.org. Questions may be addressed to:
Mark A. Blount
Chelsea Public School
6 School Street
Chelsea, VT 05038