School Librarian, Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School, Devens MA
posted April 28, 2014 4:03 PM
There is a job opening at Parker for a School Librarian, 28 hours a week. Our school day is Monday,Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30 to 3:30 and Wednesday 8:30 to 1:30.
To apply: http://www.schoolspring.com/jobs/job.cfm?jid=699302&
Qualifications: State Certified School Librarian preferably with an MLS Degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
Reports to: The School Principal
Supervises: Library assistant, service students, and parent volunteers
1. Actively supports the Parker School philosophy, teaching and learning process, and works to create a student centered learning environment.
2. Helps students to develop research skills, offers guidance in locating and obtaining appropriate research materials, and promotes a love of reading and lifelong learning.
3. Collaborates with the faculty as a partner in the instructional process.
4. Participates in faculty meetings, curriculum planning sessions, CFG's, and school improvement and accreditation activities.
5. Collects and analyzes data to improve instruction, improve the operation of the library, and increase student achievement.
6. Implements a sequence of goals for short and long range development of the library.
7. Fosters a creative, flexible environment so that the school library is an essential part of the learning community.
8. Develops and maintains resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the instructional strategies of the school community.
9. Administration and management of the library budget to support program goals.
10. Evaluates, promotes, and uses existing and emerging technologies and social media to support teaching and learning.
11. Promotes the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property.
12. Stays current in professional practices, educational research, and maintains active professional membership.