Librarian, Milken Community Schools, Los Angeles CA
posted May 9, 2014 4:14 PM
Milken Community Schools is a Jewish non-orthodox community day school in Los Angeles, California, serving 750+ students in grades 7-12. Milken Community Schools is seeking an innovative and energetic librarian with vision and experience for a 21st century library.
Supervise students' use of the Library
Promote the Information Literacy Program and teach students research skills
Work with faculty and staff to further develop their students' Information Literacy skills
Produce bibliographies and pathfinders
- Copy catalog books, ebooks, audiobooks and videos entering the Library's collection
- Suggest acquisitions to the Director of Library Services
- Assist with collection inventories and weeding
- Maintain the Library's Web site
- Work with the Library Assistant to generate and distribute overdue notices
- Work with parent and student volunteers
- Promote reading through organizing a monthly student/faculty book club
- MLS or MLIS degree
- Expertise in school librarianship and secondary education
- Facility with MARC cataloging, online databases and interlibrary loan
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment and with adolescents
Please send resume and cover letter to David Kates, Director of Library Services, by email: email@example.com.
Final deadline: 5/30/2014
Salary based on experience. Milken Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.