Main College Building
- Bookstore: lower level, near the Fens Cafeteria (books, supplies, snacks, postage stamps)
- Cashier's Office/Window: W-207 (pick up T-passes, checks)
- Copy & Mail Center: E-002
- Disability Services: E-108
- Fens Cafeteria: lower level
- Common Grounds Café Cafe: 1st floor
- Student Accounts: W-207
One Palace Road
- GSLIS Administrative Offices: P-111
- Staff and faculty mailboxes are located in the GSLIS Administrative Office, Suite P-111, first floor. If you have something to leave for a faculty or staff member, feel free to leave it in their mailbox, located in the back of the suite on the right side. If you have something to drop off in the GSLIS Office after hours, simply place it in the locked mailbox mounted on the wall outside the door to the office. This mailbox is emptied every weekday morning.
- Bulletin Boards: 1st and 2nd floors
- There are bulletin boards located outside the GSLIS Administrative Office (P-111), in the student lounge (P-212), and in the Student Information Center (just outside of the student lounge). There is also a free-standing board outside the second floor elevator in the middle of the second floor hallway. These bulletin boards post notices about events, internships, scholarships, and other opportunities. Make a habit of checking them regularly. Feel free to post your own event or notice to the bulletin board in the student lounge.
- Campus Card Office: 1st floor
- Classrooms: 2nd and 3rd floor, primarily
- Faculty Offices: 2nd and 3rd floors
- GSLIS Cataloging Lab: P-214
- GSLIS Tech Lab: P-213
- Lockers: 2nd floor
- Lockers in One Palace Road are available for GSLIS students each semester. Visit P-111 during the first week of classes to sign up for a locker. There is a limited supply of lockers: first-come, first-served.
- Pottruck Technology Resource Center: P-113
- Public Safety: 1st floor
- Student Lounge: P-212
- Student Mail folders: Your student mail folder will be kept in the file cabinet in the student lounge. Faculty may use these mail folders to drop off papers. Please check your mail folder regularly.
- Student Information Center: The Student Information Center is located outside the Student Lounge on the 2nd floor. On the shelves you'll find binders full of professional and pre-professional job postings, as well as internship and volunteer opportunities. You will also find binders of course evaluations and faculty CVs. Feel free to take advantage of these resources.
School of Management Academic Building
Simmons College Library
What is the collection like?
The Simmons College Library, known as Beatley Library, is a brand new, state-of-the-art library which offers more than 250,000 volumes, 2,000 periodical subscriptions, 30,000 online journals, 37,000 online books, and 120 online databases. It has a comprehensive reference collection and media such as DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks that you can upload to your iPod. For recreational reading, there is a very popular collection of Diversions books as well as a collection of Bibliomysteries, which involve libraries, archives, or publishing companies. For additional information on library services, visit the library's webpage.
Is there a specialized collection in library and information science (LIS)?
The Beatley Library includes an LIS collection made up of specialized professional tools and resources: 26,000 monographs and 374 current journal subscriptions covering all aspects of librarianship, the history of the book, publishing, and information science, and related fields. The library is committed to serving as New England's "library of record" for the library and information science profession. To this end, the library maintains a collection of both historic and current materials.
Through the library, you can access more than 180 databases covering library science and other curriculum-related topics. For additional information, visit the LIS Library Guide.
What services does the library offer?
The Beatley Library reference staff can help you with searching databases, conducting research, locating materials, and much more in person, by phone or email, or even through live online chat. GSLIS Librarian Linda Watkins is an LIS subject specialist who can provide you with advanced research and database assistance relating to all aspects of the GSLIS curriculum. . For additional information, visit the library's webpage.
How do I reach the GSLIS Librarian?