The Simmons School of Management is committed to the advancement of knowledge and practice in management through excellence in education and research in the fields of business and management, health care administration and communications management. Our academic programs offer rigorous, applied, management education designed for men and women. We focus on leadership, and our programs integrate the strategic, functional, and behavioral aspects of management. SOM students gain the knowledge, analytical skills, and confidence that they need to manage successfully in dynamic and global environments. We are invested in our students' success and support them as they launch, advance, and change their careers.
- Management education that is strategic, rigorous, and experience-based.
- Decision-making that is underpinned by critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Problem-solving capability in complex environments under uncertain conditions.
- Thought leadership and cutting-edge practice in analyzing, understanding, and addressing gender and diversity dynamics in organizations.
- Ethical and socially responsible management practices that enhance both the performance of organizations and the welfare of society.
- Innovation, change leadership, and entrepreneurship in the for-profit, not-for-profit, health care and governmental sectors.
- Faculty excellence in teaching and the thoughtful integration of research and teaching.
- The diversity of our students and the value that diversity brings to improving effectiveness in both the classroom and the organization.
- Continuous improvement of teaching and the learning experience in response to a changing environment.
- A dynamic and committed community of faculty and staff
- A vibrant network of students, alumnae, employers, and partners as critical resource for individuals and for the School.