Julie Magrath has over 25 years of experience in leadership development, organization and change management and strategic planning. Her focus is to help executives improve their organization's competitive advantage by improving their own leadership effectiveness.
Since founding Magrath Leadership Associates in 2002, she has coached CEOs, division presidents, functional heads, and business owners be even more successful through strategic planning, team development and leadership development. Julie is an expert at helping leaders improve their communication and interpersonal skills, build trusting relationships with colleagues and be a more effective leader with their own teams. She often provides real-time coaching as her clients tackle challenging business initiatives.
Previously, Julie was global head of Organizational Effectiveness and Development with the American Express Company. There she consulted with the presidents of the key lines of business, helping them with their large- scale organizational change efforts such as the transformation of their division to global organization.
Julie has her MS in Organizational Psychology and is a Certified Marshall Goldsmith Behavioral Coach. A sample of Julie's clients include: JP Morgan Chase, Save the Children, Takada Pharmaceutical, Johnson and Johnson, KPMG, Coca Cola, CT Valve and Fittings & CFA Institute. Julie is a contributing author in the book Costs of Poor Quality: An Opportunity in Health Care and an upcoming book on coaching executive women.
In addition to leadership coaching, Julie provides consulting services in the following areas:
- Customized executive education programs linked to the strategic objectives of the company
- Succession planning and individual development planning for high potentials and key backup leadership candidates
- Design and facilitation of strategic planning meetings/off-sites
- Building when there is a new leader, strategic direction or a dysfunctional team
- Large scale change management and cultural assessments due to mergers and acquisitions and other key organizational initiatives
- Organization design and structure to support changes in organization strategy
- Mentoring and leadership development programs for high potential
- Facilitation at off-site meetings
- Leadership development programs targeted at key milestones in the leadership life span