The Simmons College Archives administers the College's Records Management Program. Approved by the Simmons College Board of Trustees in 2011, the Records Management Policy outlines the obligations of Simmons staff, faculty, and administrators to the systematic and consistent management of all records, regardless of medium or format.
The College Archives has developed a Retention Schedules for all College Records, office-specific schedules, and a set of "helpful hints" to assist in implementing these requirements.
Services the College Archives provides include:
- advice on applying retention requirements for what records to keep and for how long
- guidance on the design of paper or electronic filing systems
- coordinating short-term storage of inactive records
- ensuring long-term preservation of historical records
These pages provide Simmons employees information to effectively manage their College records. For individual consultations or for more assistance, please contact the College Archives at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2441.
News from the Archives
In honor of "Brave Women, Bold Ideas, Big Change," the Committee of 200's conference being held at Simmons on Tuesday, the College Library has prepared several exhibits celebrating women leaders and entrepreneurs. Just inside the Library's entrance, books about women...
The Convocation ceremony at Simmons College has traditionally served as the official welcoming of students and faculty into the new academic year. Simmons Convocation began as a dedication to the College's founder, John Simmons. In honor of this year's Convocation...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to visit a display of selections from the Archives' collection of historical children's books. Books by Lewis Carroll, Louise May Alcott, Beatrix Potter, and others--many dating back to the 1800s--are prominently featured, as...
The College Archives invites the Simmons Community to Think Spring and learn more about some of the College's most fun annual events! The Archives has prepared an exhibit--complete with vintage photographs--on the history of Spring Spree and the Simmons Cup...
- View Complete Library & Archives Hours »
- Please note, after 7:00pm on weekdays and 5:00pm on Saturdays, a current Simmons ID is required for entry to Lefavour Hall. A current Simmons ID is required to access the building at any time on Sundays.