An alumnae/i card is required to to enter the Library during periods of peak usage and to borrow Library material. It may be obtained from the Office of Alumnae/i Relations & Annual Giving:
M-402 (School of Management and Academic Building)
Visiting the Library
Alumnae/i are welcome to visit the Library during the following hours, when the library is open:
- Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
At the ends of semesters, due to peak use, access is restricted to Simmons students and employees, as well as alumnae/i with with cards. Peak use periods include December and April 15 - May 12.
- Access During Closed Building Hours and Peak Use Periods
If you need access to the Simmons Library during the closed building hours, please make an appointment.
Visit the Simmons College Archives to learn more about the history of the College. The Archives collects official records, photographs, memorabilia, publications, manuscripts, and other materials that document the history of the College. The Archives welcomes all alumnae/i with their questions about College events, course descriptions, or requests for photographs or other materials. The College Archives is located on Level 2 of the Library and is open Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30; please contact the Archives at 617-521-2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Alumnae/i must present a Alumnae/i to check out materials. A Simmons Library barcode will be placed on the card.
Please contact the Circulation Desk at email@example.com or 617-521-2780 with questions about borrowing, renewing, and returning Library materials.
- Checkout Locations
Library materials may be checked out at:
- the Circulation Desk on Level 1
- the self-service Express Checkout station, across from the Circulation Desk (books and VHS cassettes only)
- Loan Periods & Overdues
- Books: 28 days with 3 renewals
- Diversions Books: 28 days with 3 renewals
- DVDs and VHS Cassettes: 7 days with 1 renewal
- Audio CDs: 7 days with 3 renewals
The Library emails reminder notices for overdue items. When an item is 45 days overdue, an additional replacement charge will be billed to your Library account.
- Renewing & Returning
To renew items, please contact the Circulation Desk at 617-521-2780 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Items that other Library users have requested and other high-demand items are unavailable for renewal.
Items may be returned:
- To the Circulation Desk
- To the book drop in Lefavour Hall, Level G (across from the restrooms)
- By mail to:
Library Circulation Desk
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
Alumnae/i may access Simmons e-resources in the Library. Remote access is not available to alums.
Please see your local public library for remote access to e-resources. The Boston Public Library also provides remote access to e-resources for all Massachusetts residents.
- View Complete Library & Archives Hours »
- Please note, after 7:00pm on weekdays and 5:00pm on Saturdays, a current Simmons ID is required for entry to Lefavour Hall. A current Simmons ID is required to access the building at any time on Sundays.