Skip to this page's content

Frequently Asked Questions

I need a transcript. What should I do?

Visit the Transcript Request page for more information.

I want to drop a course past the deadline to drop a course. Is there anything I can do?

In order to drop a class past the deadline, you must petition the Administrative Board. The Administrative Board is a group of faculty members that meets weekly to discuss the application of rules, regulations, and policies determined by the faculty that concern individual students. Forms for submitting petitions to the Administrative Board are available in the Office of the Registrar. Also see the Registration Guidelines page for more information.

I didn't register by the fourth week of classes. What happens?

If a student withdraws from all of her/his courses, fails to return from a Leave of Absence after the date approved by the Registrar, or fails to register for any courses by the end of the fourth week of classes, s/he is considered to have withdrawn from the College. No student will be permitted to register after the fourth week of the semester. All College expenses incurred by the student before the withdrawal must be paid in full prior to the release of the official records.

How do I get my diploma?

To receive your diploma you can: (a) pick it up in the Office of the Registrar; or (b) send a written request with the following information (Diploma Request form is also available online here):

  • Name
  • Address to send the diploma
  • Program
  • Graduation Date

Replacement diplomas may be requested at a cost of $25 per diploma.

How do I change my Name or Address?

Current students must make changes to their address and phone number under "Personal Address Management" on AARC. This includes changing your permanent/billing address.

Alumni should make changes to their address through the Office of Alumnae/i Relations.

In order to change your name, you can fill out a Name/Address Change Form in the Office of the Registrar or send in a written request with the following information:

  • Your Simmons ID Number or Social Security Number
  • Your name (old and new)
  • Your signature
  • Indicate if the name change is due to marriage
  • Copy of proof of legal name change (e.g., marriage certificate or photocopy of driver's license indicating new name)

Can my credits from courses I took at other schools be transferred into Simmons College? How can I do that?

If you are a Dix Scholar or a transfer student, you must have your transcript sent to the Dix Scholars Office or the Undergraduate Admissions office, respectively.

If you want to take a Summer course at an institution other than Simmons, you must fill out a Petition to Transfer Credit Form with appropriate signatures and then, return the form to the Office of the Registrar to be approved. Please email with any transfer credit questions.

Download the Transfer of Credit Booklet

I know how many credits I have. So what year am I?

Freshman: Up to 31 credits
Sophomore: 32-63 credits
Junior: 64-95 credits
Senior: 96-128 credits

I am hoping that I can make Latin Honors? What GPA do I need to make it?

Latin Honors are granted to graduating seniors who achieve grade point averages at a distinguished level. The levels are as follows:

Summa Cum Laude: 3.90-4.00
Magna Cum Laude: 3.75-3.89
Cum Laude: 3.55-3.74

Quick Links


Main College Building
Room C-116
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115

Contact Information
Phone: 617-521-2111
Fax: 617-521-3144


Monday - Friday:
8:30am - 4:30pm