Simmons & COF Faculty-Led Travel Courses: These are intensive courses lasting one to four weeks, where Simmons students travel with a faculty member from Simmons or another COF institution, and focus their studies on one subject or country.
Spring & Summer 2014 course offerings:
- SOM China (graduate)
- CAS Granada, Spain (undergraduate)
- CAS South Africa (undergraduate)
- SSW Uganda (graduate)
- GSLIS Paris, France (graduate)
GSLIS Seoul, South Korea (graduate)
- LIS students enrolled at other ALA-accredited institutions are welcome to apply to the Paris or Seoul programs. Detailed application instructions can be found here.
- Other COF faculty-led travel courses - many open for cross-registration!
Sample courses held in the past:
- France- Spoken French in Grenoble: see our video!
- Iceland- Cultural Ecology and Sustainability; no prereq
- see our video, produced by a Simmons student who went on the program
- Japan- Japanese Women Leading Change; no prereq
- South Africa- Human Rights in South Africa: check out the blog from summer 2011
- South Korea - GSLIS students study academic libraries at Yonsei University: check out the blog from summer 2012
- Spain- Study Spanish language in Granada
Recommended Programs by Major:
- BSW & MSW
- Nursing in Granada
- Public Health
- Sustainability & Natural Science
- Political Science & International Relations
Petition to Study Abroad:Get your courses approved in advance of studying abroad! Here's the form you need to make it happen.
Check out our Study Abroad Library Guide! Here you will find resources and information to assist you with your search on studying abroad, international internships, or volunteer opportunities.
Need to print this page? Here's a PDF of the Quick Start Guide.