External scholarships are available for all students looking to study abroad. A selected list of scholarships can be found here. There may be additional scholarship opportunities possible through your program provider.
- for students studying on an API program - a variety of scholarships designed for first generation college students, students studying science/technology/math, or minority students
- an award for up to $5000.00 for U.S. citizens who plan to study abroad at least 4 weeks; applicants must attend a U.S. college located in one of 6 specific states, including Massachusetts
Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Japanese language study is not required
Banks Family Scholarship
- for students in business and entrepreneurship
- scholarship opportunities for traditional, racially diverse, economically disadvantaged and first-generation students
- for U.S. citizens or permanent residents who demonstrate financial need and interest in studying abroad in East or Southeast Asia
IFSA-Butler Scholar Program
- for first-generation college students
SIT Study Abroad
- if you have a Pell Grant and study with a SIT program, they will match your Pell Grant
Gilman International Scholarships
- open to students who are receiving Federal Pell grant awards
- for study of less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad
Be sure to search http://www.studyabroadfunding.org/ in addition to the list of scholarships provided below.
Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship Application Deadline:
Tues, Oct 15, 2013
Link to scholarship TBA!