Applications are typically due October 15 for spring and summer programs and March 15 for fall programs. Fill out one application to apply for all of the following scholarships:
Bowker Grant Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of Sheldon and Audrey Katz and The Sheldon and Audrey Katz Foundation, the Bowker Scholarship was established at Simmons in honor of Audrey's mother, Eleanor Wade Bowker Hittinger '22 and aunt, Edith Bowker Howe '30. The donor's intention is to provide funding for students participating in summer study abroad programs, in addition to fall and spring. Applications will be reviewed based on financial need and GPA.
Dolores Amidon D'Angelo '69, '72GS Honors Scholarship Fund
- Thanks to the generosity of Dolores Amidon D'Angelo '69, '72GS this scholarship fund was established to provide travel stipends to students who are enrolled in Simmons College's honors program. Stipends will be awarded to students who apply for study abroad programs (short-term and/or longer-term experiences included) through Simmons' study abroad office. $5,000 is awarded each year, which is broken into $2,500 to each of 2 students.
Henry J. Halko and Jane Curtin Halko '45 Travel Abroad Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of the family and friends of Henry J. Halko, Professor Emeritus of History, and Jane Curtin Halko '45, former director of admissions and Simmons College honorary degree recipient in 2000, the Henry J. Halko and Jane Curtin Halko '45 Scholarship has been established at Simmons. The fund was established to honor the Halkos' invaluable contributions to the College and their commitment to international and multicultural exploration. The purpose of this gift is to provide aid for undergraduate students to help defray the costs associated with study abroad. Selections will be based on financial need and academic merit.
Harriet Elam-Thomas Study Abroad Fund
- Thanks to the generosity of the family and friends of the United States Ambassador to Senegal (Ret.), the Honorable Harriet Elam-Thomas '63, the Harriet Elam-Thomas Study Abroad Fund has been established at Simmons in honor of her lifetime of achievements. The grant is available to undergraduate Simmons students studying abroad who are majoring in international relations or political science. It is awarded based primarily on financial need.
Judy Samdperil Mann '83 Scholarship Fund
- Thanks to the generosity of Judy Samdperil Mann'83, scholarships are available to both undergraduate Juniors or Seniors and MBA students participating in study abroad programs.
Tobin Family Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of Janet Trafton Tobin '67 and her family, these scholarships are designed to support qualified students who plan to participate in a semester-long program in Spain or other Spanish-speaking countries.
Jane Bergwall Shattuck Scholarship
- Thanks to the generosity of Jane Bergwall Shattuck '48, this scholarship is meant for students who desire enrichment through study abroad. A committee will review applications, making selections based on financial need and merit.
Phyllis Haberman '70 Scholarship for Study Abroad
- This fund is established by Phyllis Haberman '70 to support student participation in study abroad. First preference is given to a student studying for a full year in an IES Abroad program. Students who are studying for a semester with IES Abroad or students studying for a full year abroad with any program will also be considered. The award is worth $10,000 for a full year or $5,000 for a semester experience. Students applying to a Simmons faculty-led travel course or summer study abroad are not eligible.
- School of Social Work ScholarshipThis fund is available for graduate students in the School of Social Work participating in study abroad. A committee will review applications, making selections based on financial need and merit.
CAS Dean's Study Abroad Initiatives Fund
- This fund was established in October 2008 by Janet I. Tobin '67 to be used for study abroad intitiatives including scholarships, language partner programming, and other priorities as identified by the Dean of the College of Art and Sciences.
Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship Application Deadline: Tues, Oct 15, 2013
Simmons Study Abroad Scholarship Application Deadline:
Tues, Oct 15, 2013
Link to scholarship TBA!