The Writing Center offers phone tutoring for students taking off-site or online courses.
Our tutors can help you with:
- Brainstorming assignments
- Organizing and clarifying ideas
- Researching databases
- Citing sources
- Addressing grammar and punctuation errors
* Please note: we are NOT a proofreading or editing service
Special policies for phone tutoring:
- Your paper can be no longer than 10 pages.
- Your paper must be in .doc or .docx format.
- You may schedule two phone sessions per week.
How to make a submission for phone tutoring:
- Register with WC Online (found on Writing Center website main page).
- Make a one-hour appointment. Please be aware that the system defaults to a 30-minute appointment. Use the drop-down box to make an hour appointment.
- In the appointment box next to "What would you like to work on today" write:
- "Phone session"
- The phone number that you will be at for your appointment time
- The focus of the session
- After you have clicked Save Appointment, the "Success!" box will pop up. Click to attach a file.
- IMPORTANT STEP! Use the drop down menu to select the day, time and tutor of the appointment you just made. Once your appointment is selected, attach the file.
- Your tutor will call you 10 - 15 minutes past the hour of your appointment (giving them time to read your paper).
- Please have your paper in front of you for the phone session.
- Call the Writing Center with questions (617-521-2479 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 617-521-2479 ).