BOSTON (October 22, 2012) — The Communications Management program's (MCM) student-produced Management Magazine was recently named the winner of the 29th Gold Circle Awards Program of the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA).
The magazine received two awards out of the 34 magazine categories. The publication received a Certificate of Merit in "Overall Design: Specialty Magazine," and a Second Place Award in "Advertising Layout: Single Advertisement."
Management Magazine was among 10,444 entries from student-produced newspapers and magazine at colleges, universities, and secondary schools throughout the United States.
"The MCM students who wrote and edited this issue were interested in telling the ‘brand story' of the School of Management, making what is taught and researched and learned here accessible, engaging, and relevant," said Professor of Practice and MCM Program Director Dr. Richard Cravatts. Dr. Cravatts serves as Management Magazine's Editor-in-Chief.
Management Magazine is published semi-annually as part of course work in an MCM course, Magazine Publishing, and is distributed to recruits and alumnae/i. The glossy publication features articles and interviews focused on lessons implemented in the School of Management's curriculum.
The Gold Circle Award recognizes superior work by student journalists, either individually or as a team, who work with print or online media. The CSPA is affiliated with the Graduate School of Journalism at Columbia University, which also recognized the Communications Department's student-produced magazine, CommTracks, this year.
The winning issue can be access online at:
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight