BOSTON (January 21, 2004) — Four nationally renowned businesswomen will unveil the secrets to their success as women entrepreneurs and building their own businesses Thursday, Feb. 5 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Simmons College School of Management, 451 Marlborough St., Boston. Registration information is available at www.simmons.edu/som/entrepreneur .
The businesswomen will discuss the "new rules" for women trying to start and run a thriving business: Connie Duckworth, chair of the Committee of 200, the professional organization of preeminent women entrepreneurs and corporate leaders; Kathy Elliot, board member of MIT's Technology Capital Network; Sharon Whiteley, chief executive officer of Third Age Inc., an online media and direct marketing company focused exclusively on serving the needs of first-wave baby boomers -- midlife adults in their 40s, 50s and 60s. ; and Gretchen Fox, founder and president of FOX Relocation Management Corp. The group will discuss their triumphs and lessons learned as women on the road to being successful entrepreneurs.
Duckworth, Elliott, and Whiteley also will sign copies of their book, Old Girls' Network: Insider Advice for Women Building Businesses in a Man's World . The book's authors serve as mentors for any women interested in starting and building her own business.
The event is part of the Simmons School of Management's Leading Women Entrepreneurs Series, made possible by Citizens Bank Foundation and the establishment of the Elizabeth J. McCandless Professorship in Entrepreneurship.The Simmons School of Management offers the only MBA program in the world designed specifically for women.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight