March 6 Conference Attracts Boston Middle School Girls to Underrepresented Field
BOSTON (March 3, 2004) — Building robotics, identifying viruses, making hand lotion, and learning computer animation are just a few of the ways Boston area middle school girls will tackle technology at the annual 'Girls Get Connected' conference Saturday, March 6 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Simmons College third floor conference center, 300 The Fenway. The event is free and open to girls attending Boston Public Middle Schools.
Participants will work with local women technologists in a number of hands-on workshops designed to introduce girls to a wide range of exciting career opportunities. Attracting more than 100 participants annually, the event responds to the need for more women technologists.
The event, sponsored by Verizon, is presented by the Girls Get Connected Collaborative, a joint venture of Simmons College, TechBoston, the Patriots' Trail Girl Scout Council, and Roxbury Multiservice Center.
For more information, contact Diane Hammer in the Simmons College Institute for Leadership and Change at 617-521-2480 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note to reporters: if you want to cover the events, contact Katie Fiermonti in the public relations office at 617-521-2369.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized, small, private, predominantly women's university in the heart of Boston. It has undergraduate programs for women and graduate programs for women and men.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight