Four Scholarships to Aid Students Interested in Public Librarianship
BOSTON (April 10, 2005) — The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recently awarded $66,240 to the Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS) in Boston, along with its popular western Massachusetts location on the Mt. Holyoke College campus. The grant will aid four full-time students committed to earning master's degrees in library science and pursuing careers in public librarianship.
"This grant is a wonderful way for Simmons to serve public libraries throughout Massachusetts," said GSLIS Dean Michéle Cloonan. "With our new program in western Massachusetts at Mt. Holyoke, we hope to be able to award scholarships to students in that part of the state."
The scholarships are available beginning in fall 2003, and may be awarded through spring 2005. For more information, contact GSLIS Assistant Dean Em Claire Knowles at 617-521-2798.
The Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science has one of the largest library and information science master's program in the nation and places librarians around the world. The GSLIS campus at Mt. Holyoke College allows students in western New England to more easily pursue a master's degree in library and information science.
- Simmons College Launches New Online Graduate Nursing Program
May 7, 2013
- Simmons College Hosts Women Fulbright Foreign Students for U.S. Department of State Seminar
April 16, 2013
- Study Shows Women Breadwinners Are 'Proud' But Keep Financial Role in Household Private
April 2, 2013
- Simmons College Names New Dean of Graduate School of Library and Information Science
March 27, 2013
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Up and Out," A Sculptural Installation By Liz Shepherd
April 5, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight