BOSTON (August 17, 2007) — Simmons College in Boston has been named a "Best College" in its category in the 2008 US News & World Report publication, "America's Best Colleges."
US News & World Report, often cited as the leading source for college rankings, placed Simmons College in the top tier of schools in its category of masters-level universities in the northern United States.
Simmons College President Susan Scrimshaw said, "Everyone in the Simmons community is honored that we continue to be recognized, year after year, as a leading institution of higher education."
Being selected as one of "America's Best Colleges" by US News & World Report is determined by such factors as academic reputation, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, and alumni support.
The category of masters-level universities includes 574 colleges and universities throughout the nation, in four geographic categories, that provide a full range of undergraduate and master's programs. Only the top tier of schools in each category is named a "Best College."
Simmons College is a pioneering university in the heart of Boston, which for more than a century has offered women a pioneering liberal arts education integrated with professional work experience. In addition to its undergraduate college for women, Simmons is home to renowned graduate programs for women and men in social work, library and information science, health studies, education, liberal arts, and communications, as well the world's only MBA program designed specifically for women.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight