Acclaimed Shakespearean Director Lectures Oct. 22 at Simmons College
BOSTON (October 4, 2007) — If Shakespeare were alive today, he could teach us a tremendous amount about leadership.
That's the theme of a free public lecture Oct. 22 at Simmons College, in Boston, by the acclaimed Shakespearean director and actor Tina Packer, founder and artistic director of Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, Mass.
The lecture, "What Shakespeare Can Teach Us About Leadership Today," is at 5:00 p.m. in the Kotzen Meeting Room of Lefavour Hall, 300 The Fenway at Simmons College.
Packer studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and has directed all of Shakespeare's plays. She is the author of Tales from Shakespeare, which won a Parents' Choice award, and Power Plays: Shakespeare's Lessons in Leadership and Management.
Packer is the 2007 Simmons College Eileen Friars Leader in Residence. The program, established in 2001 with a gift from Simmons alumna Eileen Friars, invites senior women executives to Simmons to address a broad range of business and leadership issues. While on campus, Packer also will meet with students and faculty, and visit classes.
Due to construction, parking on Simmons's campus is limited. For alternatives, please visit the parking website.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university in Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in social work, health studies, library and information science, management, and liberal arts.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight