Acclaimed Shakespearean Director Lectures Oct. 22 at Simmons College
BOSTON (October 4, 2007) — If Shakespeare were alive today, he could teach us a tremendous amount about leadership.
That's the theme of a free public lecture Oct. 22 at Simmons College, in Boston, by the acclaimed Shakespearean director and actor Tina Packer, founder and artistic director of Shakespeare & Company in Lenox, Mass.
The lecture, "What Shakespeare Can Teach Us About Leadership Today," is at 5:00 p.m. in the Kotzen Meeting Room of Lefavour Hall, 300 The Fenway at Simmons College.
Packer studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and has directed all of Shakespeare's plays. She is the author of Tales from Shakespeare, which won a Parents' Choice award, and Power Plays: Shakespeare's Lessons in Leadership and Management.
Packer is the 2007 Simmons College Eileen Friars Leader in Residence. The program, established in 2001 with a gift from Simmons alumna Eileen Friars, invites senior women executives to Simmons to address a broad range of business and leadership issues. While on campus, Packer also will meet with students and faculty, and visit classes.
Due to construction, parking on Simmons's campus is limited. For alternatives, please visit the parking website.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university in Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in social work, health studies, library and information science, management, and liberal arts.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight