BOSTON (October 10, 2007) — Simmons College has received a $1 million gift from an anonymous Simmons alumna and her husband to enhance students' study abroad opportunities.
In announcing the gift, Simmons College President Susan Scrimshaw cited the importance of study abroad as an "enriching, sometimes life-changing" experience, and lauded the couple's "uncommon commitment to the college and the students over the years."
The gift will be used to enhance a study abroad scholarship previously created by the couple, establish an endowed fund that will generate seed money for the creation of new, short-term study abroad courses, and help fund additional study abroad subsidies for students.
The Simmons Study Abroad Program offers a variety of study abroad experiences for students, including short-term, one-semester, and year-long courses around the world.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized, small private university in Boston with an undergraduate college for women and graduate programs for women and men in social work, health studies, library and information science, management, and liberal arts.
- Simmons College Hosts National Discussion on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 12
October 31, 2013
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Comestibles"
October 24, 2013
- Simmons College Makes Kiplinger’s “Best Value” Top 100 Private Colleges List
October 22, 2013
- Simmons School of Management Ranked #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 15, 2013
- International Expert On Corporate Gender Diversity Joins Simmons School of Management Faculty
October 2, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight