BOSTON (July 29, 2008) — Simmons College in Boston has been named one of the nation's " Best 368 Colleges" in the Princeton Review's newly published 2009 college guidebook, an honor held by 15 percent of the four-year colleges in America.
The Princeton Review editors said the schools in their guidebook are "first-rate academically," but with varying campus cultures and offerings. Inclusion was based on the editors' survey of 120,000 students attending the colleges (about 325 per campus average). The 80-question survey asked students about the schools' academics, administration, campus life, student body, and themselves.
In their summary of Simmons College, the Princeton Review guidebook editors said the undergraduate women's college's "excellent academics and Boston location make Simmons a worthy option" for women.
The guidebook quoted Simmons students saying that they get "a lot of opportunity to work closely with faculty," praising the college's "excellent facilities, including an amazing library and the large career resource department," and appreciating "small classes that allow great discussions."
Students also spoke highly of Simmons's range of ethnicities in the student body, saying that "it's great that everyone is cool with everyone else."
Founded in 1899, Simmons College is a nationally recognized university located in the heart of Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in management, social work, health sciences, and library and information science.
- Simmons School of Management Professor Joins U.S. National Women’s Business Council
August 26, 2014
- Simmons College Trustman Art Gallery Presents Retina Riot: A Two-Person Exhibition By Andrew Fish and Nancy Hayes
August 6, 2014
- The Nation’s First School of Social Work, Simmons College School of Social Work, Welcomes Inaugural Class of Online Students
July 23, 2014
- Sub-Saharan African Students Attend U.S. Department of State Program on Women’s Leadership at Simmons College
July 17, 2014
- Simmons College Names New Vp For Enrollment Management, John F. Dolan
July 10, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2014 Release Archive
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight