Mayor Thomas M. Menino and wife Angela Menino to Attend Summit for Teen Girls
BOSTON (August 12, 2009) — Recognizing the importance of empowering Boston's teen girls, Simmons College and the Boston Centers for Youth & Families will host a Citywide Girls' Summit, titled "Find Your Peace," Sat., August 15, at Simmons College.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino and Honorary Chairwoman Angela Menino are among the special guests attending the third annual summit, a free gathering that takes place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Simmons campus at 300 The Fenway in Boston.
The girls, ages 11-18, will participate in interactive workshops, panel discussions, and a resource fair on issues ranging from cyber safety and healthy relationships, to "life after high school." The summit also will connect the girls to a variety of resources across the city, and help facilitate discussions between the participants and successful local women who are considered to be positive role models.
The summit is sponsored by Boston Centers for Youth & Families in conjunction with the Simmons College Institute for Leadership and Change. The BCYF is the city's largest provider of comprehensive programs and services, offering urban neighborhood residents a variety of resources, ranging from childcare and summer programs, to senior services and alternative adult education and recreational programs.
Simmons College is a nationally recognized university located in the heart of Boston. It includes an undergraduate college for women, and graduate programs for women and men in management, social work, health sciences, and library and information science.
- Sports Icon and Humanitarian Billie Jean King is Simmons College’s 2014 Commencement Speaker, May 9
February 27, 2014
- Simmons College to Host Public Forums on National Health Care Reform, Feb. 25, April 3 & 14
February 20, 2014
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents: "Like Water: Photographs by Mary Lang"
February 19, 2014
- Simmons School of Social Work, the First School of Social Work in the Nation, Launches Online Master’s Program
February 18, 2014
- Simmons College Joins Mount Holyoke and Smith for Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Program Focused on Emerging Women Leaders
January 29, 2014
- See All 2014 Releases »
- 2013 Release Archive
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight