Ann Fudge, former Young & Rubicam Brands CEO, Named to Distinguished Panel
BOSTON (March 2, 2010) — Simmons College graduate Ann Fudge, former CEO Young & Rubicam Brands, one of the world's leading global marketing communications groups, has been named to the bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.
Fudge, a graduate of Simmons College and Harvard Business School, served as chairman and chief executive officer of Young & Rubicam from 2003 to 2006. Prior to joining Young & Rubicam, she worked at General Mills and General Foods, where she served in a number of senior executive positions.
Fudge has been named by Fortune magazine among the 50 most powerful women in business; Time magazine named her one of the top "Global Business Influentials." In 2007, Ebony presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award for her accomplishments in the field of marketing and advertising. Fudge serves on the boards of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, the Gates Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation.
The 18-member commission was created to come up with recommendations for steps to reduce the federal deficit, which is forecast to hit a record $1.6 trillion this year. The group will make recommendations to Congress by December 1, 2010 that put the budget in primary balance by 2015 and meaningfully improve the long-term fiscal outlook.
President Obama has named six bipartisan appointees to the commission. Senate and House leaders will appoint the remaining 12 members of the panel (three each by the Republican and Democratic leaders of both chambers). Other bipartisan members include:
- Erskine Bowles, former White House Chief of Staff (panel co-chair)
- Alan Simpson, former Republican Senate Whip (panel co-chair)
- David Cote, chief executive officer of Honeywell International Inc.
- Alice Rivlin, former Federal Reserve Vice Chairman
- Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union
Simmons College is a nationally recognized private university located in the heart of Boston. It offers undergraduate education for women, and renowned coeducational graduate programs in health sciences, education, liberal arts, social work, library and information science, and communications management, as well as the nation's first MBA program designed specifically for women.
- Simmons College Hosts National Discussion on Gender Diversity on Corporate Boards, Nov. 12
October 31, 2013
- Trustman Art Gallery Presents "Comestibles"
October 24, 2013
- Simmons College Makes Kiplinger’s “Best Value” Top 100 Private Colleges List
October 22, 2013
- Simmons School of Management Ranked #1 "Greatest Opportunity For Women" in Nation by The Princeton Review
October 15, 2013
- International Expert On Corporate Gender Diversity Joins Simmons School of Management Faculty
October 2, 2013
- See All 2013 Releases »
- 2012 Release Archive
- 2011 Release Archive
- 2010 Release Archive
- 2009 Release Archive
- 2008 Release Archive
- 2007 Release Archive
- 2006 Release Archive
- 2005 Release Archive
- 2004 Release Archive
Subscribe to Feed
Director of Marketing/Communications
Kalimah Redd Knight