Girl Meets World Curriculum Training
Dates: Monday, October 22, 2012 - October 24, 2012
Time: Mon: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Tues: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Wed: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location: Linda K Paresky Conference Center
Diane Hammer. Simmons Institute for Leadership and Change. 617-521-2480
The Girl Meets World curriculum trains adults who work with middle and high school girls to deliver the critical skills for authentic self-expression, emotional self-awareness, and interpersonal efficacy. Taught by bestselling author and educator Rachel Simmons (Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls and The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence), the program trains participants to deliver the highest quality social-emotional education for girls.
At the Girl Meets World Professional Development Training, Participants:
- Are certified to teach the Girl Meets World curriculum
- Acquire the latest research on girls' development and psychological aggression under the instruction of Rachel Simmons
- Learn GLI's unique games and activities
- Share strategies and experiences with colleagues from around the country
- Learn how to create a learning environment in which girls can be themselves
- Practice leading activities and receive coaching and feedback
- Receive one copy of the curriculum
participants must meet at least one of the following criteria in order to participate:
- Employment by a school or youth services organization
- Employment as a clinician working with youth, including private practice
- Formal volunteer position with a youth services organization, such as Girl Scout troop leader
- Lunch and refreshments on Monday and Tuesday
- Continental breakfast Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Monday evening Happy Hour
- One copy of the curriculum
$875 for three-day training. Tuition fee includes one copy of the Girl Meets World curriculum.
$656 for all Simmons faculty, staff, students and alumnae-use coupon code gosox
Please be advised that registration does not guarantee enrollment. You will be notified of your application's status within 72 hours of its submission. In the event your application is not accepted, your deposit will be immediately refunded. Applications are processed in the order received.
For more information go to the Girls Leadership Institute website.
To register please visit: https://thriva.activenetwork.
For more information about upcoming events, or about organizing a program or event, contact:
- Girl Meets World Curriculum Training
October 22, 2012
- ASPIRE presents 8th Annual Asian American Women in Leadership Conference
November 3, 2012
- Dreaming Big: What's Gender Got to do With It?
November 8, 2012