posted September 16, 2014 11:28 AM
Reports to: Middle and High School Principals and Head of School
Hours: Full time
Supervises: Library/Media Teaching Partner
Works closely with: Staff at both the middle and upper schools
- Digital Literacy Instructor
- Teach students and staff how to use 21st Century Learner digital literacy skills to support all classroom curriculum.
- Create and maintain a detailed, integrated Digital and Information Literacy Curriculum Plan for Grades nine through twelve.
- Teach the skills, Dispositions in Action, Responsibilities, and Self Assessment Strategies of 21st Century Learners, as outlined by the American Association of School Librarians' Standards.
- As certified teacher, deliver lessons to students to cultivate ability to find, evaluate, and select appropriate sources of information, to respect intellectual property rights and develop digital citizenship, and the use of various technology tools and media formats for both research and creative products.
- Provide readers' advisory instruction and reading promotion school wide.
- Instructional Consultant
- Work closely with individual teachers in designing instructional units and assessments, provide instructional resources and materials, and advocate for the integration of information literacy and technology skills within larger curricular units.
- Recommend digital tools, websites, print materials and other resources in multiple formats to teachers to supplement classroom curricular goals.
- Plan and deliver professional development offerings to assist faculty skill growth.
- Assist teachers in integrating multiple forms of media into their curriculum design process.
- Co-teach digital literacy lessons within larger curricular units.
- Media Center Administrator
- Maintain ongoing collection development and purchase of library media materials including digital and print formats and processing supplies.
- Create an annual budget.
- Administrator of library and literacy promotions and event.
- Management of library website, online catalog, and patron database.
- Management of acquisitions, processing and cataloging of materials
- Advocate for the program's vision, evaluate its effectiveness, and provide leadership.
- Management of library spaces at MS and US
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Job Category: Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
Equal Opportunity Employer
Paul Cuffee School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- RI Library Media Teacher Certification Required.
- National Background Check (after offer)
- Postgraduate Certificate degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
544 Elmwood Avenue
Providence, Rhode Island 02907
Email: click here
To apply for this position, visit http://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=1058962.