This guide is designed for students preparing to move to Boston and those who have recently arrived, and is intended to help ease the transition of moving to the United States. For information specific to academics, courses, and registration, visit the New Student Community.
Once you arrive at Simmons, you'll receive The Guide for SLIS Students, a comprehensive manual that contains a wealth of information about life at Simmons, and also has great suggestions for where to eat, shop, and find entertainment in Boston.
All incoming students must attend Advising Day shortly before classes begin. Part of this orientation is a special welcome for international students, with time set aside to become acquainted with one another and to meet with Em Claire Knowles, Assistant Dean for Student Services. The Orientation website is updated with new information each semester, so be sure to check it close to the time you will be starting the program.
If you have any questions that aren't answered here, please contact Assistant Dean Knowles, or the faculty member who serves as the academic advisor to international students, Associate Professor Rong Tang. If you have any suggestions for additions to this website, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Simmons College SLIS and to the United States!
- Academics: Academic Advisor, Academic Integrity
- Contacting Home: International Calling Cards, Internet Access, Post Offices, Skype
- Culture Shock
- Health & Safety: Emergencies, Health Insurance, Pharmacies
- Money Matters: Banking, Budgeting
- Official Identification: Driver's License, Liquor Identification Card, Social Security Cards, Student Identification Cards
- Other Information: Packing, Public Transportation, Tourism
Have a question, comment or a tip you'd like to share? Please e-mail email@example.com.