On this page
If your loan award exceeds the amount billed to you by Simmons, the College will mail you a check for the difference a few weeks after the semester starts. If you would prefer to pick your check up at the Cashier's Window you must notify Student Financial Services ahead of time. For additional information on student loan refunds, see http://www.simmons.edu/financialaid/accounts/refunds.php.
For information on LIS scholarships, see:
- American Library Association
- Other Sources of Aid
- Student Financial Services: Graduate Scholarship Search
Job postings for part- and full-time jobs are frequently sent out over e-mail listservs maintained by SLIS and by SLIS student organizations. In addition, there are several other sources to find library work:
- Jobline, for volunteer positions, pre-professional & professional (including outside of New England)
- CA$H, for on-campus jobs at Simmons
- Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Massachusetts Library Association
- The Careers Links page has useful list of additional links
- The Miller/Knopf Career Resource Library has developed plenty of job-searching resources
- BostonWorks is the Boston Globe's job listings section online
- For students based at Mount Holyoke, the SLIS West community page has some additional links specific to Western Mass.
SLIS departments support a limited number of Dean's Fellows, each of whom receives a combination of tuition scholarship and payment for hourly work. These positions typically only open when a fellow graduates. If you would like to know if any of these positions are open, see the Fellowships page, or contact the SLIS Admissions Office at email@example.com or (617) 521-2800.
Have a question, comment or a tip you'd like to share? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.