Main College Building
- Bookstore: lower level, near the Fens Cafeteria (books, supplies, snacks, postage stamps)
- Cashier's Office/Window: W-207 (pick up T-passes, checks)
- Copy & Mail Center: E-002
- Disability Services: E-108
- Fens Cafeteria: lower level
- Common Grounds Cafe: 1st floor
- Student Accounts: W-103
One Palace Road
- SLIS Administrative Offices: P-111
- Staff and faculty mailboxes are located in the SLIS Administrative Office, Suite P-111, first floor. If you have something to leave for a faculty or staff member, feel free to leave it in their mailbox, located in the back of the suite on the right side.
- Bulletin Boards: 1st and 2nd floors
- There are bulletin boards located outside the SLIS Administrative Office (P-111), in the student lounge (P-212), and in the Student Information Center (just outside of the student lounge). There is also a free-standing board outside the second floor elevator in the middle of the second floor hallway. These bulletin boards post notices about events, internships, scholarships, and other opportunities. Make a habit of checking them regularly. Feel free to post your own event or notice to the bulletin board in the student lounge.
- Campus Card Office: 1st floor
- Classrooms: 2nd and 3rd floor, primarily
- Faculty Offices: 2nd and 3rd floors
- Tech Lab PC Palace: P-214
- SLIS Tech Lab: P-213
- Lockers: 2nd floor
- Lockers in One Palace Road are available for SLIS students each semester. Visit Student Services on the 2nd floor during the first week of classes to sign up for a locker. There is a limited supply of lockers: first-come, first-served.
- Public Safety: 1st floor
- Student Lounge: P-212
- Student Mail folders: Your student mail folder will be kept in the file cabinet in the student lounge. Faculty may use these mail folders to drop off papers. Please check your mail folder regularly.
- Student Information Center: The Student Information Center is located outside the Student Lounge on the 2nd floor. On the shelves you'll find binders of course evaluations and faculty CVs. Feel free to take advantage of these resources.
- Collaboratory: P-314
- Usability Lab: P204E
- Media Lab: P-313H
School of Management Academic Building
Simmons College Library
What is the collection like?
The Simmons College Library, known as Beatley Library, is a brand new, state-of-the-art library which offers more than 257,000 books, 605 print journal subscriptions, 60,000 e-journals, 26,000 e-books, and 120 online databases. It has a comprehensive reference collection and media such as DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks that you can upload to your iPod. For recreational reading, there is a very popular collection of Diversions books as well as a collection of Bibliomysteries, which involve libraries, archives, or publishing companies. For additional information on library services, visit the library's webpage.
Is there a specialized collection in library and information science (LIS)?
The Beatley Library includes an LIS collection made up of specialized professional tools and resources: 26,000 monographs and 374 current journal subscriptions covering all aspects of librarianship, the history of the book, publishing, and information science, and related fields. The library is committed to serving as New England's "library of record" for the library and information science profession. To this end, the library maintains a collection of both historic and current materials.
Through the library, you can access more than 180 databases covering library science and other curriculum-related topics. For additional information, visit the LIS Library Guide.
What services does the library offer?
The Beatley Library reference staff can help you with searching databases, conducting research, locating materials, and much more in person, by phone or email, or even through live online chat. SLIS Librarian Linda Schuller is an LIS subject specialist who can provide you with advanced research and database assistance relating to all aspects of the SLIS curriculum. You may contact her for an individual reference appointment. For additional information, visit the library's webpage.
How do I reach the SLIS Librarian?