Master of Library and Information Science (M.S.)/Children's Literature (M.A.) Dual Degree
To get started on your Simmons SLIS application, choose the link below pertaining to the term and campus for which you would like to enroll.
- Spring 2015 - Dual Children's Lit/Library Science - Boston campus
- Spring 2015 - Dual Children's Lit/Library Science - Eric Carle Museum
- Summer 2015 - Dual Children's Lit/Library Science
- Fall 2015 - Dual Children's Lit/Library Science
Once you have submitted your application, you can check your application status. Please allow at least three business days for received documents to be reflected on your application status page.
- Completed online application form
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate-level courses taken, including official transcripts from all study-abroad programs*
- Current résumé
- GRE scores (waived for those with a master's degree or with a 3.0 or higher cumulative undergraduate GPA)
- A non-refundable application fee of $35
- Interview (strongly recommended). If you choose to have an interview, please call us after your application is complete to schedule this appointment.
In addition to the requirements listed above, international students must also submit the following:
- An official TOEFL or IELTS score (Simmons TOEFL code is 3761)
- A Declaration of Finances form, along with original bank statements to demonstrate ability to pay tuition and living expenses while enrolled at Simmons. See our International Applicant page for the form and more details.
Application DeadlinesFall (September) - March 1
Spring (January) - December 15
The Children's Literature program has a rolling admission policy. Apply early for maximum consideration for admission and financial aid. After the deadline has passed, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis. If you are interested in applying after the deadline, please contact our office at (617) 521-2868 or firstname.lastname@example.org.