Library & Information Science (MS)/Archives Concentration (Online program)
On this page
To get started on your Simmons SLIS application, choose the link below pertaining to the term for which you would like to enroll.
- Our Fall 2015 application will be available online as soon as possible. Please contact our office with any questions.
Once you have submitted your application you can check your application status. Please allow at least three business days for received documents to be reflected on your application status page.
Send in Your Application Materials
To submit your transcripts and test scores, please mail them to:
SLIS Office of Admission
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
If you have any questions, please call the SLIS Admission Office at +1 617-521-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) tests are required only when the applicants' GPA is below a 3.0 for all degrees. Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA for all degrees will be considered after they submit the GREs.
Applicants are expected to submit a completed application file that includes the following:
- Completed application form.
- Non-refundable application fee of $65.
- Statement of Purpose : In 750-1,000 words, please describe your career objectives and how SLIS at Simmons College could contribute to your meeting these goals. Please incorporate answers to the following questions:
a. Why are you seeking a degree in archives?
b. What strengths would you bring to SLIS and to the library, archives, and information professions?
c. What are the most exciting challenges and opportunities in the archives profession today?
- Current resume or C.V.
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended (including those from which credit was transferred)
- Three letters of professional or academic recommendation (with at least one academic reference for applicants who received their bachelor's degree within the past five years). More details will be provided when you begin the application.
- GRE test scores (GRE scores are required only if the cumulative GPA from every degree earned falls below 3.0). See "Requirements and Deadlines" (above) for additional details. The GRE codes are as follows:
Simmons College - 3761, Library Science - 4701, Archival Science - 4702.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if English is not the first language. For more information regarding this requirement, please see the English Language Proficiency section of the International Students page.
- Source of income statement (for international students).
Admission decisions are based on a composite of all documentation in the application.
You will be contacted in the event that an interview is required.
Fall (September) - March 1
- After the deadline has passed, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis. If you are interested in applying after the deadline, please contact our office (617-521-2868 or email@example.com).
- Admission may be deferred for up to one year, after which applicants must reapply in full.
If you wish to receive priority consideration for merit scholarships, please make sure to have a completed application on file by February 1st for the Fall (Sept.) semester. You will automatically be considered for a merit scholarship by having a completed application in by the priority deadline. If you do not wish to be considered for a merit scholarship, you may submit a completed admission application according to the deadlines above.For additional information about scholarships and financial aid, please see tuition and financial aid.
If you have any further questions please call the SLIS Admission Office at 617-521-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.