Professor of Practice
- B.A., Allegheny College
- MBA, Simmons School of Management
Mary Finlay is a Professor of Practice and brings 25 years of experience into her classes of Operations/IT Management, Project Management, and Strategic Decision Making. She also teaches in the Harvard School of Public Health's certificate program on project management and is co-director in an IT Leadership Development Program. Previously, she was the Deputy Chief Information Officer of Partners HealthCare System, Inc. and Chief Information Officer of Brigham and Women's Hospital.
Mary is the former Chair of the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, an association of 500 members. She currently serves on the board of YearUp and the Boston Chapter of SIM (Society of Information Management). She has been recognized with leadership awards from the Simmons School of Management, CIO, the New England Business and Technology Association, and Babson College.
- Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council
- Boston Chapter of the Society of Information Management (SIM)
- College of HealthCare Information Management Executives (CHIME)
- Health Care Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- CIO-Exectuive Council
Mary does selective consulting engagements in the areas of individual and organizational effectiveness.
- "Healthcare IT: The Most Complex Domain That Exists," Brandeis University, July 2012
- "A Roadmap for Electronic Medical Record Adoption: How to Ensure Success of a Significant Technology Implementation," St. Patrick's Hospital, Dublin, June 2012
- "Web 2.0 in Healthcare," Harvard School of Public Health, January 2012
- "The PMO Debate," World Congress Leadership Summit on Project Management, December 2011