Professor of Practice; Chair, Health Care MBA Program
- BA Douglass College (Rutgers University)
- MBA The Wharton School
Ms. Robbins is a Professor of Practice in the Simmons School of Management with experience leading hospital and health care systems as a senior health care financial executive and communicating about the broader health care financial trends from the perspective of an investment banker.
As a Vice President of the health care investment bank, Cain Brothers, she served clients' capital needs, researched, and wrote on topics such as trustee liability, asset and liability management, asset redeployment, and hospital bankruptcy. Prior to that, as Vice President of Finance at the newly created $2.5 billion Partners Healthcare in Boston, she directed strategies, financial planning and all areas of financial administration. Ms. Robbins worked with the new Partners Board of Trustees to develop their capital strategies and to clarify the capital, budget and fiduciary responsibilities of the multiple independent boards. Prior to her role at Partners, Ms. Robbins was Senior Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer at Massachusetts General Hospital, leading all financial operations and strategies as well as handling administrative responsibility for planning and managed care contracting.
Ms. Robbins has a longstanding commitment to education of health care leaders. While at Partners, she was the Director of the MGH Administrative Fellowship Program. She has served as Chair of the Accrediting Commission for Education of Health Care Administration, as Treasurer of the National Center for Healthcare Leadership, and has published on leadership competency development. She teaches health care finance and strategy in Simmons graduate programs in health care management and is the Program Director of the Simmons Health Care MBA in the School of Management.
- Robbins, C., T. Rudsenske, and J. Vaughan. 2008. "Private Equity Investment in Health Care Services." Health Affairs 27 (5):1389-1398.
- Sapienza, A.M.; Robbins, C; Lowe, J. "The Basics of Implementing Leadership Competencies in a Master's Curriculum: Bloom's Taxonomy, Pedagogy, and Student Assessment." Annual Meeting of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration, Orlando, Fl, May/June 2007.
- Robbins, C., K.C. Connors, T. Sheehan, and J. Vaughan. 2005. "Risk Factors." Healthcare Financial Management 59(6): 78-83.
- "The Other Side of the Balance Sheet--Making Assets Work." 2003. The Bond Buyer's 4th Health Care Finance Conference, Chicago.
- "Balance Sheet Risk Reduction for Nonprofit Organizations." 2002 . HFMA Annual National Institute, Seattle Washington.
- "Preparing for a Career in Health Administration: Academics." 2002. International Conference on Competencies for Health Services Managers; Yerevan, Armenia.
- Vaughan, J., and C. Robbins. 2001. "Best Financial Practices for Trustees." Trustee, The Magazine for Health Care Governance 54 (3): 16-20.
- Robbins, C., E. Bradley, and M. Spicer. 2001. "Developing Leadership in Health Care Administration: A Competency Assessment Tool." Journal of Healthcare Management 46 (3)188-202.
- "Reality After the Merger. " 1998. Yale University, School of Public Health, New Haven, CT.