The Intersection of Partner Violence and Child Abuse
While this research is usually based on statistics collected for other reasons, it seems clear that:
- Many habitual and frequent abusers of their partners also physically abuse their children.
- The most serious cases of child abuse often occur in families where the mother is a victim of domestic violence.
- Domestic Violence Training
- Unit 1: Definitions and Prevalence
- Unit 2: Your Professional Context, Role and Purpose
- Unit 3: Interviewing and Screening
- Unit 4: Legal Aspects
- Unit 5: Danger Assessment and Risk Assessment
- Unit 6: Providing Options For Safety; Safety Planning
- Unit 7: Resources and Referrals
- Unit 8: Children and Domestic Violence
- Unit 9: Dealing with Perpetrators of Violence
- Continuing Education Credit