Course descriptions are provided for available courses AND their prerequisites. View a list of courses offered during the Summer 2012 term.
This course information is derived from the Online Course Catalog, which is under development. The information may not be accurate and is provided only as a convenience. Please consult the print or PDF version of the Course Catalog for all official course information.
Variances Hlth Patt Childbear
8 sem. hrs. Prereq.: NURS 225, NURS 226, NURS 235, NURS 292, PSYC 101, and PSYC 237. Applies the concepts of the bio-psycho-social-cultural-developmental-spiritual sciences in developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing interventions for the childbearing family experiencing variances in functional health patterns. Emphasizes health management and sexuality/reproduction. Includes clinical experiences encompassing care of the high-risk and acutely and chronically ill young family in both acute and community settings.
- Course number: NURS-247
- Credits: 4.00
- Academic Level: Undergraduate
- Currently Offered: Yes
- Course Type: Lecture
Pre-requisite for this course
- NURS-225 Nursing Process and Skills
- NURS-226 Patterns Adult/Elders I
- NURS-235 Integ of Pharmac & Pathophys
- NURS-292 Health Assessment
- PSYC-101 Intro to Psychological Science
- PSYC-235 Developmental Psychology
- PSYC-237N Life Span Development