Course descriptions are provided for available courses AND their prerequisites. View a list of courses offered during the Summer 2012 term.
This course information is derived from the Online Course Catalog, which is under development. The information may not be accurate and is provided only as a convenience. Please consult the print or PDF version of the Course Catalog for all official course information.
Covers reference services, searching, and sources. Introduces reference concepts and services, such as the reference interview, customer service, evaluating the reference collection, management, ethics, reference philosophy, service in different institutional settings and for diverse populations, and the assessment of reference services. Students learn how to search in digital and print sources, including full text information retrieval in subscription services and the freely available web. Students become familiar with over two hundred core, fundamental print and digital sources. Required course.
- Course number: LIS-407
- Credits: 3.00
- Academic Level: Graduate
- Currently Offered: Yes
- Course Type: Lecture
- LIS-409 Lit of Social Sci
- LIS-413 Lit of Humanities
- LIS-419 Indexing & Thesaurus Const.
- LIS-430 Business Info Sources & Serv.
- LIS-437 Legal Information Sources
- LIS-451 Academic Libraries
- LIS-453 Coll Development & Mgmt
- LIS-454 Digital Info. Services & Prov.
- LIS-460 Technology and the SLT
- LIS-467 Web Develop & Info. Arch
- LIS-484 Sci/Tech Literature
- LIS-531G Web Develop. & Info Arch
- LIS-532E Archives & Cultural Heritage