Writing and Rewriting and Rewriting
The Writing Concentration focuses, naturally enough, on good writing. We challenge our students to hone all the skills required of a good writer and journalist: researching; interviewing; developing concepts; editing; focusing; organizing; setting prioities; and rewriting. In this way, students put theory into practice and experience the joy of discovery.
Journalism—and writing—is a skill that can be learned. But to improve, students must be willing to work: to practice ... and practice and practice and practice. Or, as Horace once advised:
"Nulla dies sine linea"
Never a day without a line
Recent student work
- Never Forget
- Art as personal struggle
- New houses are not enough
- Fighting the twin demons of HIV and rape
- Beating the Beatley Maze
- Dining Off Campus: A Bartol Alternative
- Buffer Zone Law
- HS Dropout turns educator
- Surviving the Boston Blues
- Does Bartol use laxatives?
- Nursing Students at Clinical
- Sharks out of Playoffs
- Thousands show up for Veggie Fest
- Is Theatre Dead?
- Transfer finds transition easy - but wants to live on campus
- Death by Denial
- Class of 2006 Overspends, Triggers Audit