Home » Undergraduate College » Admission » Modern Languages » Study Abroad
<%years_transfer%> Academic Process for Study Abroad for Students Majoring in French or Spanish
Academic Process for Study Abroad for Students Majoring in French or Spanish
Selecting a Program
- Students are required to meet with the Education Abroad Program Manager in the Study Abroad Office, E-110.
- Students are required to study abroad in a program that has been approved by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures (MLL).
Link to list of approved programs.
Selecting Your Courses
- Students are required to take literature and/or culture courses in the target language/culture. The academic content of the course should be related to the country/ies where the target language is spoken.
- Students are required to take a minimum of 16 semester hours of course work in the Modern Languages and Literatures (MML) department.
- Students are required to take at least four semester hours upon their return from studying abroad even if they have previously taken 16 semester hours in the department. (This requirement provides the MLL department the opportunity to assess your progress upon completing your study abroad experience).
Transferring Your Courses to Your Major at Simmons College
- Students are required to submit the titles of all the courses they intend to take to their MLL academic advisor for pre-approval.
Link to Petition to Study Abroad Form
- Upon returning from studying abroad, students are required to submit the following material for each course they took to their MLL academic advisor for approval:
a. Course description
c. Course work completed (assignments, papers, projects)
Your academic advisor will submit this material to the department chairperson for final approval.